Ultimate Bachelor Party Guide, Atlantic City, NJ
What happens in Atlantic City stays in Atlantic City. That may not be the original saying, but for those celebrating a bachelor party, it can quickly become their phrase of the trip. The bachelor party is a night for a man to say goodbye to his single life before he prepares to tie the knot. What better way to celebrate then at the Jersey Shore in a city filled with great restaurants, awesome hotels and clubs, massive casinos, and a beach just steps away from the boardwalk?
It is the responsibility of the groom’s friends to send the single life away in an epic fashion. Here is an easy guide to planning the trip from beginning to end.
The Hotel Room
Need a place for everyone to crash?
- Check out a suite at the Borgata, (1 Borgata Way, Atlantic City, NJ 08401; 609-317-1000) right in the heart of the Atlantic City party scene. The Borgata is a hotel that has restaurants and a casino which makes it a great convenient place to stay.
- Another popular hotel is the Trump Taj Mahal (1000 Boardwalk, Atlantic City, NJ 08401; 609- 449-1000) with large rooms and suites, as well as a casino with over 75 tables to choose from. Located right on the Boardwalk, the Trump Taj Mahal has a variety of restaurants and is close to many clubs so there is not a need to travel very far for a good time.
- With over 24 dining options and 18 nightlife venues, the Tropicana (2831 Boardwalk, Atlantic City, NJ 08401; 609-340-40000 is a great place to celebrate your bachelor party. With different room packages and great promotions, you can have an amazing time at a reasonable price.
Driving is out of the question if drinking is involved, so here’s a few ways to get around safely & in style.
- For different packages to take you around Atlantic City, check out Santos Limousine (1105 U.S. 1, Avenel, NJ 07001; 732-596-1100). They have a variety of different cars from Classic Rolls Royce to stretch Hummer limos. They have worked with some of the top casinos to create package deals for guests.
- Want a quick way to get to and from places but do not want to spend your party money on a limo? Try calling Atlantic City Yellow Cab (609-344-1221). They are available to pick up your group and transport you anywhere around the island.
- Another option for a ride is to contact UBER who is now servicing the Jersey Shore. UBER is 60% cheaper than a local taxi and will up and down the shoreline. Download the app and familiarize yourself with UBER’s terms and conditions before the weekend activities begin.
If all else fails, many of the bars, clubs, hotels and casinos are in walking or stumbling distance.
Guys often enjoy spending their day playing a round of golf. Here are a few places you can hit the links before the evening festivities.
- Located just 15 minutes from Atlantic City is Twisted Dune Golf Club (2101 Ocean Heights Ave., Egg Harbor Township, NJ 08234; 609-653-8019), a 200 acre, 18-hole course that offers challenging but playable holes for all skill sets.
- Ballamor Golf Club (6071 English Creek Ave, Egg Harbor Township, NJ 08234; 609-601-6220), once private, is now open for the public to enjoy. Also located around 15 minutes from Atlantic City, Golf Magazine has named Ballamor third best public course in New Jersey.
- Finally, for the classier bachelor group there is the Vineyards Golf (72 Bremen Ave, Egg Harbor City, NJ 08215; 609-965-2111 ext. 800) at the Renault Winery. A quick 20-minute drive from Atlantic City, this course is situated right on the vineyard and offers tee times at reasonable rates.
And if golfing is not your thing, there are miles of free beaches where you can spend your afternoon relaxing, swimming in the ocean, and playing in the sand.
A good feast before the party begins is a smart idea for the bachelor party group. You want to fill your stomach with good food and not load up on alcohol at dinner; there is a long night ahead. The following restaurants might interest you.
- Have you ever heard of carb-loading before a big race? Well, why not use the same plan before a big night out with the boys? Carmines (2801 Pacific Ave, Atlantic City, NJ 08401; 609-572-9300), located in the Tropicana, is an authentic family-style Italian Restaurant. With a large menu and even larger portion sizes, this is a great way to gear you up for the night ahead.
- Nestled in the Borgata is Bobby Flay Steak (1 Borgata Way, Atlantic City, NJ; 609-317-1000). With a menu featuring over six types of steak, this is a great place for guys to hang out, have a few drinks and fill their stomachs with amazing food.
- If your group is the sports-bar type, you will want to check out A Dam Good Sports Bar (2801 Pacific Ave, Atlantic City, NJ 08401; 609-347-7770) located in the Quarter in the Tropicana. The restaurant has a great menu and offers pool tables and games played on 15 plasma televisions. They are also home to the 40oz bottled beer!
There are quite a few fun activities that are exciting and will lead you up to the more intense partying later. Here are a few after-dinner activities that can keep the excitement going before you hit the clubs.
- Book a table at a poker room at one of the best hotels in Atlantic City. The Borgata, Taj Mahal, and Atlantic Club are all available for a party to reserve their own table with a dealer.
- Invite some ladies over for pre-party entertainment. As the groom ends his single life, what better way to send him off then with a hot and steamy bachelor party package from Tasteful Temptations (888-285-2489). They have many different packages for all types of bachelor party fun, from mild to wild.
The club scene in Atlantic City is amazing. There are a variety of different bars and clubs where you can go and get bottle service, listen to great house music, and dance the night away. Here is a list of some of the hottest spots to check out.
- To bring it back to the 60s, 70s, and 80s, head to the Tropicana every Friday and Saturday Night for Boogie Nights (2831 Boardwalk, Atlantic City, NJ 08401; 888-940-7080). With great specials, a variety of events and your favorite old school hits, your group is bound to have a great time.
- HQ Night Club (500 Boardwalk, Atlantic City, NJ 08401; 609-345-2211) located in the Revel Resort has great bottle service, VIP packages and bachelor parties can make reservations to see some of the hottest DJs on the Jersey Shore. Get ready to dance all night when you hit this club.
- Another popular nightlife spot is The Pool After Dark (777 Harrah’s Blvd., Atlantic City, NJ 08401; 609-441-5585). Amazing music with stage shows, celebrity appearances, and dancers, this is the place to be for your bachelor party.
The morning after may hit some of the gang pretty hard. Luckily, in Atlantic City you can find different drug stores to get some aspirin as well as some great Breakfast spots. Check out the following eateries.
- You wake up in the morning with that pounding headache, feeling of dehydration and the looming question of “what did I do last night?” and you need to go to the drugstore for some hangover fixes. Roll out of bed and head on over to the nearest CVS (10 Renaissance Plaza, Atlantic City, NJ 08401; 609-345-0654) to stock up on aspirin and Gatorade.
- After you’re feeling a bit better, it is time to pay attention to that grumbling in your stomach. Many resorts from the Borgata to the Tropicana to Resorts and the Golden Nugget offer breakfast buffets for less than $20. This is a great deal after a long night with the drinks flowing and the cash disappearing. You can come and eat as much as you want as you try and piece together your night.
Now you have the guide to planning the best bachelor party for the groom. The rest is up to you – have fun, party hard and don’t tell the bride-to-be!